The blog has been going for just over 3 weeks and it has been such a blast and also introduced me to some wonderful people and led me to learn so many new things. This month also saw me hit the 100 post mark.
1. Favourite wine of the month?
This is a tough one especially after spending some time in the Yarra Valley. I was able to narrow it down to my top 3 wines of the month all from my time in the Yarra Valley. I would have loved to include a Curvee Riche from Domaine Chandon, however the second bottle I had of it this month in Perth was disappointing and quite bitter in comparison to the bottle I had over in Melbourne.
In no particular order:
1. Yerling Station, Yarra Valley, 2004, YarraBank, Late Disgorged Sparkling.
2. De Bortolli, Yarra Valley, NV Este Sparkling.
3. De Bortolli, Yarra Valley, 2012, Bellariva Moscato del Re.
2. What has been the best value wine of the month?
2008 Barrel Selection Shiraz from Domaine Chandon in Melbourne – review can be found here.
3. What has been added to my to-try wine list?
The rest of the wines at Yerling Station in the Yarra Valley.
4. What restaurants do I want to return to?
The Mailing room in Melbourne to try their lunch and dinner menus along with hopefully a tour of their roasting room.
5. What was my favourite meal this month?
Buffet at Melba Restaurant in Melbourne – review linked here.
6. Upcoming events for next month?
Spanish Sundowner at Cheese Barrel
7. Favourite wine packaging?
8. Best service?
Melba restaurant – pasta station.
9. Restaurant I am most keen to try next month?
Recently opened Midnight Fox in Melville.
10. Wine Century Challenge.
Favourite = Gavi (Tried at Lamonts Wine Store in Cottesloe)
Until next time!