So this is hopefully going to be a monthly segment that highlights some of the standouts for the month. Let me know if there are any questions you would like me to include in future monthly blog posts.
1. Favourite wine of the month?
Albariño from my wine essential course.
2. What has been the best value wine of the month?
Peel Estate has some wonderfully aged reds (Cabernet Sauvignon and Shiraz) think 2005-2006 for $30-$35. Excellent value for money and my review of their wines will be up on Monday in a weeks time with my review of the winery and my tour of it.
3. What has been added to my to-try wine list?
4. What restaurants do I want to return to?
Al Dente – I would like to see what their service is like.
5. What was my favourite meal this month?
6. Upcoming events for next month?
Summer of Riesling is happening today at Matilda Bay (3-7pm).
George Street Festival (East Fremantle 1-7pm)
Christmas (look out for a food and wine pairing post for Christmas Day this Tuesday).
New Years (Look out for a posts on Champagne and Sparkling wines over the next few weeks).
7. Favourite wine packaging?
8. Best service?
9. Restaurant I am most keen to try next month?
Dinner at the Pickled Fig in South Fremantle is something I have been wanting to try after having had brunch there a few months ago and enjoying it.
10. Wine Century Challenge.
Total = 23 varietals.
Favourite = Albariño
Meetings with the Perth wine bloggers will begin in December so here’s hoping that number will rise quickly and that I will have new favourites to share with you all soon!
Until next time!